Taken from my journal entry on 10 Feb.
What is poverty, what is waste, what is racism, what is a stereotype, what is learning, what is healthy, what is purposeful, what is fake, what is real, what are the founding ideals of our nation, why are we the best in the world, what have we contributed to the world, what is freedom, what is liberty, what is "deep", what is knowledge and what is humanity?
Upon reflection: I am not poverty, I am waste. I am not racist, but I stereotype. I am only now engaging in true learning and beginning to know how to treat my body. I am seeking purpose. I distinguish between lies and the truth, I observe body language and what is said along with what is unsaid. I believe right now life is as real as it will ever be. I am hindered by the so-called American Dream. I believe Africa has the greatest set of nations in the world. I do not know what freedom is. I do not know what liberty is. "Deep" has become a pop culture term which only hints at the true complexity of the knowledge of the world. Knowledge is necessarily bias. Humanity is flawed...but there is always room for improvement.
P.S. I have a project I'm working on for my next blog about which I am very excited. I'm getting into some journalism and testing out my camera's video capacities, hopefully all will work out!
Ma-salaama My Loves
What is poverty, what is waste, what is racism, what is a stereotype, what is learning, what is healthy, what is purposeful, what is fake, what is real, what are the founding ideals of our nation, why are we the best in the world, what have we contributed to the world, what is freedom, what is liberty, what is "deep", what is knowledge and what is humanity?
Upon reflection: I am not poverty, I am waste. I am not racist, but I stereotype. I am only now engaging in true learning and beginning to know how to treat my body. I am seeking purpose. I distinguish between lies and the truth, I observe body language and what is said along with what is unsaid. I believe right now life is as real as it will ever be. I am hindered by the so-called American Dream. I believe Africa has the greatest set of nations in the world. I do not know what freedom is. I do not know what liberty is. "Deep" has become a pop culture term which only hints at the true complexity of the knowledge of the world. Knowledge is necessarily bias. Humanity is flawed...but there is always room for improvement.
P.S. I have a project I'm working on for my next blog about which I am very excited. I'm getting into some journalism and testing out my camera's video capacities, hopefully all will work out!
Ma-salaama My Loves
So I just caught up on all your blogs, I lol'd at the 5 things you learned in a pub in Britain, mostly because they're like 99% true. Your room looks pretty comfy, I was a bit surprised to see snow until I remembered that you said it was up in the mountains. So, I have two questions, first off: what are the other students at the college like? Are the majority from around that area or are they exchange students or from wherever. Secondly, what is the culture of the town like, I noticed in your pictures there was only one night club and the dorms were "strictly sex segregated" so I was wondering what type of culture the town is/has. And thirdly, did you ever get your Skype working, also, what does "Ma-salaama" mean? I guess that was four questions but thats okay. Looking forward to your "project" and next blog. Take care Britt
ReplyDelete